Popular posts from this blog
13) Evaluation
Demir Kama is based around a love story between two people and comparing it with the beauty of nature, highlighting how both things come naturally. I chose to film in a non-linear sequence to represent memories and experiences of the love story, including encounters with friends along the way. This in a way does not conform to a conventional short film - although the plot is in linear order as it describes the middle and end of a relationship, the memories are puzzled and appears as a dream sequence. I partly took inspiration from A Place Like This, which is a short film by Tall story films, regarding the shots I have chosen in my short film. I took lots of wide, panning shots to really grab the beauty of landscapes and nature, very similarly to A place like this. Additionally, I took close up shots of objects and parts of nature that I really wanted the audience to focus on. I took the footage as if the audience are viewing the memories and learning about their relationship and th...
2) Generating ideas
Random selection: I chose: C41 L25 S36 O21 W55 I ended up with: Character: An artist who paints the future Location: An abandoned city Situation: Where pictures come to life Object: A silver door When: Fortnightly Where I'm at: An old woman has been in vegetative state for about 10 years, after having a stroke. She has been living with one of her daughters for this time, and when other daughter of hers moves to the mother's old house, they move her too. About two days after being in the house, the old woman's memory is revived and she returns to her normal state of conscious for a day. Just one day. She calls her grandson, who thinks it's a joke. She thinks it's still the mid 90s. She recognises everyone in the family and is surprised by how tall her grandsons have become. She then goes to sleep and returns to vegetative state the next morning.
Comments
Post a Comment