10) Generating ideas - 3 (synopsis/plot)










The overall synopsis of my short film is unlike that to a conventional one. As my short film is filmed in a linear sequence, the plot is puzzled. The overall plot of the short film, which is insinuated strongly by the audio I intend to us, is that of someone being in love and comparing that to the world, and nature. I wanted to show the comparison of finding love and the world as similar, as both are natural - love should come naturally like the world is, and should be beautiful. The short film shows their time together and includes some close friends of the main character along the way. I wanted to involve this so it could show that friendships are as beautiful as relationships can be. At the end of the short film it will be made obvious that the individual that the main character has fallen in love with has died. However, in an unconventional sense I will not make the film dark after this scene as the nature throughout it will be portrayed as beautiful. I want it to show that death can be beautiful, and I think the dream sequence filming could be seen to replicate memories that the two could have had together. It could slightly be viewed as a short film the commemorate the life of the individual in the short film who dies as it collectively remembers good experiences.

Comments